View Single Post
Old 11-13-2003, 07:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by MS Fowler
No, not the Supreme Court. I was referring to the light weights currently seeking the Democrat party prsidential nomination. It seems that their only principle is their party's return to power; no new ideas, no innovation, just " Bush is wrong" and " we want to be president". The president, at least, appears to be guided by some principles, like them or not.
That's it! I couldn't succinctly put into words what was wrong with the Democratic debate (so far). They all seem earnestly in search of the one-line soundbit that will establish the ultimate Bush put-down. That's great if your a political cartoonist but doesn't do much to inspire support.

I just listened to Gen Clark on "Hardball". He said two things that stuck with me.

#1 Iraq has no strategic value.

#2 He described a successful adventure in Iraq as a country sufficiently strong to protect its own borders but not so strong as to threaten its neighbors and lastly, a government that reflects the popular will of the people.

Criticism
#1 Has he never heard the word, "oil"?

#2 A popular government is last in the list? Not even democratic, but reflects the "popular will" of the people? I'm sorry, but the man or woman who wants to control my destiny better have establishment of liberal democracy as his number one priority.

But at least he said something more than Bush shouldn't have landed on a carrier. Good grief.