View Single Post
Old 11-13-2003, 10:26 PM
I'll Go Upside Your Head!

What are the 4 hoses coming to/from the heater servo?

I am speaking of the 1979 300SD. I have the servo out now and am just going to bypass it for now until I find a cheap used one. Mine just will work off and on, it is NOT cracked in any way shape or form. I am going to keep the aux. water pump on and just make a shortcut for the coolant to the core. The hose that has continuous flow from the WP is going to be attached to the core hose. Then there is a hose that runs along the firewall and goes into the block. I assume that is the hose that the coolant goes through when the heat is off. I may just block that hose if the 4th mystery hose doesn't go there? What do I do with the last hose that goes into the servo? I don't believe it has continuous flow? It is parallel with the one that is continuous from the WP. Should I just connect that mystery one to the hose that goes to the block? I will try and take pics tomorrow morning, but I wanted to do this tomorrow.
Thanks
David

P.S.
If you have a good working servo that you would sell for less than a right arm let me know. Be sure to use Mercedes in the subject line so it doesn't go out with the junk mail.
Thanks Again

2000 Honda Accord V6 137k miles

1972 300SEL 4.5 98k miles