Thread: Re: New Rover??
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2003, 06:36 PM
Shaun McCarren

Driving on the bumpstops with no suspension is about as much fun as having your landing gear stuck in the up position, it's even worse if your far from a shop or you house. I may be exagerating but you get the idea...

But to answer your question, I did convert to coils. I loved the EAS. However, I had the car loaded with film gear, and was headed off and I went over a curb (which triggered the height sensor, which must have been faulty) and the suspension was disabled. I live about 100miles from a LR dealer or anyone with the right equipment to reset the system, so I just converted to coils. I have all the original parts so at some time it could be converted back. I did all the work myself. Cost about $300+ for the kit with all LR parts.

If your looking for nice Rovers try Roversource
They have a nice Classic on there right now that is tempting!

A great Rover parts supplier and forum is Rovers North
A cheap OEM supplier that is cheaper than Rovers North is DAP-Inc.

I need to tune up my Classic for winter...need to also do brakes, exhaust and some little things.

For all the naysayers out there...Land Rovers are no where near as reliable as a beloved MB's. If you can turn a wrench yourself, most things are easy. The newer ones (2nd gen) are electronic heavy and are very propietary.

OTOH going through 2'+ of snow or wadiding through a stream is all the proof I need, as I don't want my MB's in that enviroment (unless a G-Wagen).

Let me know if you need any help.

Shaun