View Single Post
Old 11-14-2003, 07:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by drbrandini
contridiction

What Roy Moore intends to argue is that the oathe he swore to when becoming a judge was one to uphold what the court asked him to disband on.

Remember this country was started because of the religous persecutions in England. American laws were formed to protect us from government stopping us from practicing religion and allowing what happened over there to happen over here. Now, the 1st amendment that was put in place to protect us is being used against us.

The constitution does NOT contain the words "seperation of church and state".

This phrase was used by Thomas Jefferson when writing to a group of baptist assuring them that government would not disallowing them from worship.
Brandon, you are right.

However, the problem is not in the historical context but that the judge stated that his reason for the monument was to acknowledge God as the supreme and final arbiter of right and wrong. That alone is not a problem for me. Where I have a problem is that this man claims he knows the mind of God. I think that most Christians would agree that is the realm of Jesus, not some judge.

What evidence do I have of that? Why would I suggest such a rediculous thing?

This man knows that if we fail to acknowledge God in our lives that we will fail as a nation. He believes it is his duty to bring God into the forefront of one of our most jealously guarded civic proceedings, the justice system.

I think that every Jew, Christian, Muslim, Zoroastrian, Bahai, or whatever would agree with the proposition that God should be foremost in the minds of those seeking justice.

But I think it is terribly presumptuous to suppose that God requires idols to be placed in the halls of justice, in order for justice to continue to be done.

Botnst