View Single Post
Old 11-14-2003, 09:47 PM

Ted,

My Dad still has the house and cabin in Rhinelander & Minocqua, plus we have the land in Hazelhurst (those are all in Wisconsin Paul). I figure since I'll be way over yonder, flying solo for a while I'll probably trek over to WI to visit the old man more than once a year like I usually do now. Might even come in from the south and swing up through Madison for a visita (have a cousin in Sparta so the southern trek would allow a visit to her too).

Gilly, Ted et al,

I was thinking snow tires, but had no idea where to start looking. Will check out the Blizzaks. If I buy them early enough, I could probably have them shipped to the station so they'd be waiting my arrival. I figure if I can handle a Crown Vic Interceptor through the mountain snow here on simple V rated highway tires, I should be able to get to Port Huron without too much problem. It is once there that I'll have to be ready.

My kid sister lives outside of Toronto and used to work for Goodyear, she says to find a set of tires with the lowest durometer rubber possible, the lower the durometer the better they adhere on snow/ice.

I have been thinking about a winter beater, we'll see how things are going as the time draws closer. One thing crossed my mind this afternoon, a second ride may not be neccessary as the position may warrant a take home ride. That would limit the amount of time the Benz would be on the road to only a couple nights a week after work, and weekends of course.

'02 CLK320 Cabriolet - wifey's mid-life crisis

2012 VW Jetta Sportwagon TDI...at least its a diesel

Non illegitemae carborundum.