View Single Post
Old 11-15-2003, 06:32 PM

Question converting single to dbl chain kit? newbie

Ok! Iam a newbie and have used the search for many time saving info. 1st? Ihave an 82 380 sel w/ a single chain. Remarkably ran great without noise. I decided to tune the motor and change valve cover gaskets too. Noticed the sprokets on the cams are shot. Can you purchase a kit that includes both cam sprokets, idler sproket, and ditrib gear and crank units also. Assuming I also purchase all rails and new tentioner and chain, are the above pieces easy to disassem. via crank, idler, and distrib or do they have to be purchased as indiv. Items via dealer? The auto has 120k, 3.8L 116.963. Will these parts be real exp$ to convert? Iam not a mechanic by trade however, I do all work on my autos. Having worked on many cars, including my c5 corvette, I know a "servicable" car when I see it. These 126's are that! This website seems to be the most benz versatle around. I really do want to keep this car.It was given to me by someone that did not want to spend anymore$. I already put on new rotors/brakes/ shocks, and fixed two window motors. I even got the cruise to work too. So... if any of you veterens can help me, It would be most appreciated! les