Thread: Re: New Rover??
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2003, 08:44 AM

I have a 98 4.0 SE with 58k miles and it has really been pretty reliable. I take the precaution of having it dealer serviced and they are extremely courteous and treat me like I own a new one. I would like to own a new one but it is still too expensive for me at the moment.

Servicing and maintenance is not cheap but worth it to me to keep it in first class condition. Nobody believes it is almost a 6 year old car when they see it and ride in it.

So far, the only thing that has gone wrong was a major fusebox burnout under the hood which caused some severe electrical A/C problems and many parts required replacement. Cost was $2500 to fix it but dealer did it in 4 days and paid for a loaner for me.

I have just returned from a 1000 mile 2 day trip to Florida. The RR went really well on the Interstate and on the beach! Overall MPG was 15.7, not bad for a heavy car. The car is so comfortable on the interstate it is like riding on air (which, of course it does!) Great sound system, climate control is excellent (since its repair) and a real sense of security in heavy weather.

Not cheap to own, I agree, but when it is working right, there is not much to beat it.