Very common problem.
A few methods I have used with success.
1) Place block of wood on inside of wheel and whack outwards with hammer.
2) Place block of wood on inside of wheel and use large prybar or pipe with end resting on something solid on the frame. Pry outwards.
3) Very gently set car down onto wheel, and use weight of car to bust it free. Obviously you need to be careful with this one...
4) For a front wheel, you can sometimes just put the lugs on loosely, and turn the steering wheel to break it free.
5) Once had one stuck so bad I used a couple of blocks of wood and a scissors jack against the frame.
Aluminum and steel like to fuse. The antiseize method does work.
1986 300E 5-Speed 240k mi.
Last edited by csnow; 11-19-2003 at 10:27 AM.