View Single Post
Old 11-21-2003, 06:56 AM

GO BLUE! And yes.......the conference system stinks. However, the absoulte worst is Notre Dame. They are the ONLY team in the nation that can attend a bowl game SIX different ways. An article on ESPN stated this and that Notre Dame can always get money, but is reluctant to join a major conference for football. They have been invited to join the Big Ten and play with the big boys..but have not returned inquires to this. Look what has happened to Penn State when they joined a real conference......but I do give them a lot of credit for doing this and laying their football program on the line. Notre Dame would never survive a real schedule year after year. I am no Ohio State fan as you know, but at least they have to prepare every week to play teams equal or better to themselves. Sorry about the rant.....Just tired of the rankings and how Notre Dame always seems to beat the system. I wonder if they will ever drop Rutgers and Navy from their schedule...Now there's REAL competition. Anyway...GO BLUE.... Go Navy.....Beat Army!