View Single Post
Old 11-21-2003, 03:01 PM
User friendly

Quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Carageous
Picture me scratching my head
Phil Spector was well known in the 60's for producing artists' albums. He invented what became the "wall of sound" sound. Most music in the 60's was rather bleak. Just a guitar, drums, maybe a bass, and vocals. Phill would add in all kinds of background orchestrations and echo effects, essentially filling in the whole wall of sound.
He produced the Beatles "Let It be" album(or whatever it was called), doing his "thing" to it. What has been released now is the origional recordings, before Phil's special touch. It really sounds stark compared to what we grew up listening to.
Phil was also known to be a real ********* to work with. He produced one of the Ramones albums, and I guess they spent hours just getting the opening chord of one of the songs just right. And he was not easy to live with. He got the Ronnettes start, and married thier lead singer Ronnie. She was a virtual prisoner in her home, and had to run away to get away from him.
Do a search on him. there's lotsa info on him. Right now he's going thru a court battle, accused of murder I think it is.
'67 230
'84 SD
Current rides:
'06 Lexus RX330
'93 Ford F-250
'96 Corvette
'99 Polaris 700 RMK sled
2011 Polaris Assault
'86 Yamaha TT350(good 'ol thumper)