View Single Post
Old 11-22-2003, 02:40 PM

No start frustration

Ok, here's my saga if anyone can help.

1983 240D. I have a love hate relationship with this car. This past spring I had problems starting. Needed a shot of starting fluid in the air filter to start. So I took it off the road and let it sit for a few months.

About a month ago, got around to working on it. Put in new glow plugs. Start fine, actually better than it had ever started before. About a week later, it wouldn't start again. This time seemed to be alternator related. Replaced voltage regulator and battery. Charging system seems good now (alt is a little weak, but is working).

Also, replaced fuel filters and used anti microbial stuff in the fuel tank incase of algae.

Still not starting without a shot of starting fluid. Not sure where I should go next with this. Fuel lines look ok. Not much cracking, alittle wear but I don't think anything is leaking (maybe a little from the injector closest to firewall).

Any suggestions of what to do or try (preferrably on the cheap) would be appreciated.

Also, on a side note: has anyone ever tried adding an isolator and a second battery in the trunk for a amplifier install? Was thinking of doing this but I'm not sure I should do it off a 55 amp alt.

Thanks-

Jesse
www.ntfs.org