some of those would have made my job alot easier today. The trick I learned w/o them (and hours of frustration) was to take an old flat head screwdriver and hammer and carefully but forcefully deform the edges of the seal inward to reduce surface area between the seal and its home, apply penetrating oil and let it sit. Then, with a wooden dowel and hammer tap the bearing out from the other side. It seems a little neanderthal but it worked. By the time I got to the other wheel I felt like a pro and it only took about an hour total. Brake job included.
'67 250se coupe
'89 190e 2.6 (gone but I kinda miss it)
'07 BMW x3
'59 0319 diesel Omnibus...the "O"
'64 Lambretta Special 185 hot rod scooter
'66 Lambretta SX200
'59 Lambretta 250 race bike
'70 Lambretta GP200
'77 860gt ducati
'66 ducati monza