View Single Post
Old 11-23-2003, 04:37 PM

Thanks Peter..........if it's the lower ball joints she's going to the shop after your advice and reading all the threads of the struggles to pop the joint out of the LCA

I spent half a day pushing, pulling & prying .......everything feels pretty tight...............used a 5ft piece of wood as a lever under the hub with a jack under the LCA and couldn't get any significant movement in the lower ball joints.......boots look good

Set up a come-along to pull the LCA forward.......track /guide rod felt tight with no detectable movement (pic below......followed your description engatwork........is this something like the pic you 'wish you had taken'?........if it is feel free to use it)

I'm now thinking the torsion bar mountings.........got a 'groan' backing out of a park after a 50mile drive........could feel it through the pedals / fire wall.........tecqboy may be right on the money..........his description of how my 'change of direction clunks' could be realated to the torsion bar seems logical

Seems the only way to check the torsion bar mounts is to remove them.........is a check/replace possible without removing brake booster
Attached Thumbnails
Chasing front end 'clunks'-lca-come-along.jpg