View Single Post
Old 11-24-2003, 12:57 PM
User friendly

Re: Hi-Po cars available now for les $?

Quote:
Originally posted by Orkrist
5.) Mish-mash; Audi GT Coupe,
Wow! Someone else that's heard of the CGT's.
Built from '81 thru '87
Good cars in many respects. The engines and trannies are bullit-proof. Mileage almost doesn't matter with these cars, except post 83' models that went to hydraulic lifters. They clatter like crazy.
These are definately not street burners, unless you're lucky enough to find an '87-1/2 turbo model, or a real rare Ur-GT quatro model.
Plagued with electrical problems. My '83 has been prettty good, but the '82 requires almost constant care and attention. Not too big a problem if you have a decent ability to fix things electrical.
Prices were cheap for these, but they're getting more scarce, and prices are creeping back up for the few of us crazy enough to want one. And parts are getting hard to find(hence my parts car)
They handle decently for such an old school car, and still have a good ride.
One of the best things, though, is I don't blend in with all the rest of the crowd on the street. I love pulling up next to some "ricer" at a stop light. They'll sit there and check you out, trying not to look like they are I just won't race them. I tried a V-tec prelude once. He blew my doors off
'67 230
'84 SD
Current rides:
'06 Lexus RX330
'93 Ford F-250
'96 Corvette
'99 Polaris 700 RMK sled
2011 Polaris Assault
'86 Yamaha TT350(good 'ol thumper)

Last edited by rickg; 10-21-2007 at 03:36 AM.