View Single Post
Old 11-25-2003, 10:03 AM
Spark Free

Just for the record, I've replaced one tail light in 4 years and 94,000 miles.

I think 25 is about right for that mileage. Start out with less of course, maybe offer 21, but don't be ashamed if you have to pay 25.

There are Xenon kits available, so don't let that put you off of the car. ESP was optional, but ASR was standard and is still very good. So I wouldn't worry about that too much either.

The MB Tex interior on the 99 is not all Tex. The perforated part in the center of the seat is leather, while the bolsters and seat backs are Tex. IMHO, the best possible combination - long wearing tex where you need it and comfy leather where you want it. I think 99 was the only year like that.

If the difference in price between a Starmark and non-Starmark car is $3000, I would get the non-Starmark and buy an aftermarket warranty if possible. You'd be dollars ahead.

Check for cracks in the dashboard around the defroster vents. They're common in the W210 and not necessarily visible from the drivers seat. Look in through the windshield. $1000 to replace the dash, and not covered under Starmark!

A key is a couple hundred bucks, and a cupholder mechanism (just snaps in place) is about $50.
2017 Nissan LEAF
Former MB: 99 E300, 86 190E 2.3, 87 300E, 80 240D, 82 204D Euro
Chain Elongation References