Thread: CLOCK
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2000, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dorsey Lay
Hi again, I don't want it to sound like my car is falling apart but I have a few little things that are..annoying! Anyone know why the clock stops after I turn the car off for the evening? It works fine the entire day or for a couple of days at a time. Then one morning you get in and you have to reset it a couple of times to get it going and it's fine. I would also like to know how to change from military time to regular time if this is possible. My vehicle also has the temperature in centigrade rather than Fahrenheit, any thoughts on changing? I also have an intermittent "CLICKING NOISE" coming periodically from behind the glove box. I checked around and found nothing, I cannot pinpoint the location. It does not cause any driving problems, just happens when I am driving maybe every other day for a couple of minutes. Any ideas would be appreciated!!
I have encountered a similar noise in my 380SE. I discovered, during one of the intermittent times the noise was present, that when I turn the fan off on the climate control system, the noise disappears. Accordingly, I suspect that the clicking noise in mine may be in my fan. As I am by no means a mechanic, perhaps someone else more technically competent than myself can shed some light on your situation. Hope this helps.