View Single Post
Old 12-18-2000, 08:05 PM
Hello Everyone...

In my 92 400E, I replaced my crappy stock MB headlight and foglight bulbs with high wattage PIAA Super Plasma bulbs. For about a month everything worked fine, but then one day I had my headlights and foglights on for about 3 hours. Inside the car, the "Lamp Out" indicator came on, which stayed on even when I turned all the lights off. This "Lamp Out" light turned off with the key off, but as soon as I turned the key on again and turned the lights on, it came back on again. After a few minutes I found I blew the Foglight (Front & Back) fuse. From then, the "Lamp Out" light stayed off. Well, last night, without my foglights on, I saw that stupid light again, and it stayed on even with the headlights off, unless i turned them off AND the key off. The headlights are working fine,even though "Lamp Out" light is on and the plug for the headlights is not getting hot. Am I overloading the circuits with these bulbs somewhere and is that why the foglight fuse blew. Am I about to blow the headlight fuse? Is there any remedy (other than putting my sissy bulbs back in) to this problem???
Thank Millions.....Peter B.
Peter Balias
1992 400E