View Single Post
Old 12-10-2003, 02:36 PM
sbourg sbourg is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,303
In that case, what I use is what is called a 'crow-foot' set. They are like open-end wrench heads with a square hole adjacent to attach a 3/8" socket wrench handle. This could be your torque wrench, and the error is small if the wrench handle is long. You can calculate the correction needed easily enough, too.

For fast tightening, a set of box-ratchet wrenches is handy, but I'm too cheap to buy those.

'91 MB 190E 2.3
'08 RAV4 Ltd 3.5
'83 Lazy Daze m'home 5.7
Reply With Quote