View Single Post
Old 12-11-2003, 10:15 PM
ctaylor738 ctaylor738 is offline
Super Moderator
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Falls Church, VA
Posts: 5,316
You can get the o-ring from a dealer. for about a buck

The problem that I found is that you need to goop it up with RTV sealant when you put the tube in with the new o-ring, and then quickly secure it to the engine so it cannot move as it hardens. If the tube moves around it will start leaking again.
Chuck Taylor
Falls Church VA
'66 200, '66 230SL, '96 SL500. Sold: '81 380SL, '86 300E, '72 250C, '95 C220, 3 '84 280SL's '90 420SEL, '72 280SE, '73 280C, '78 280SE, '70 280SL, '77 450SL, '85 380SL, '87 560SL, '85 380SL, '72 350SL, '96 S500 Coupe

Last edited by ctaylor738; 12-12-2003 at 06:38 AM.
Reply With Quote