View Single Post
Old 12-15-2003, 05:36 PM

Hi Larry,

Here's the description of the oil I used:

"BVA Auto 100 (POE) Auto 100 was developed specifically to meet the operating requirements of automotive air conditioners employing R134a as the refrigerant. Highly miscible with this refrigerant allowing rapid return of the lubricant to the compressor even at low operating temperatures. Although recommended for automotive systems Auto 100 also meets the lubrication requirements of a broad spectrum of industrial applications employing positive displacement or dynamic compressors and requiring a lubricant with a nominal viscosity of 100 at 40 degrees Celsius. Auto 100 can also be used with chlorinated refrigerants such as R-12, R-22 and R-505. Auto 100 is also compatible with petroleum-based refrigeration oils making them ideal for use when changing systems to HFC refrigerants.
Auto 100 is blended from high purity polyol esters having excellent miscibility and lubricity. A special proprietary additive package enhances wear protection for both steel-on-steel and steel-on-aluminum surfaces. It is chemically and thermally stable so that systems stay cleaner even under severe operating conditions."

Doing high and low side was discussion on evacuating the system, not charging it.

I put in 4-5 oz (closer to 4 probably).

I value your knowledge ... what is your impression regarding the BVA Auto 100?

I also used some stuff called Nylog ... seems reasonable that it could prevent some small leaks ...

Thanks!
former 1985 300 CD - great car
former 1981 300 TD - good car
former 1972 280 SEL - not so good car
a couple of those diesel Rabbits ...40-45 mpg