View Single Post
Old 12-16-2003, 08:08 AM
just a guy

Tomguy, that is my rotor. I presumed the spring contraption had something to do with governing the revs. When it comes time I'm gonna replace it with the traditional rotor since I have an automatic. Thanks to you and Peter for the info.

And Litton, if it's so stinkin' warm out there, why do you have a furnace in your garage?? (this from a guy sitting in 2" of snow and a warm 30 degrees) I'd like to post a picture of my new ride too but I am a technological clod and only have a 35mm and a scanner. I have heard this does not transfer well into pixels, bits, bytes, meg, jpg, bitmap, exe, hard drive, master/slave, resolution, goobleygook, very well.

Back to the topic of this thread, while experimenting with my LR window today I hope to at least eyeball the distributor to figure out Peter's advice on cleaning the trigger points. My oscillation during yesterday's 2-mile spin has progressed to the point where I believe parts may vibrate off the vehicle. Hope one of the suggestions here fixes it. BTW, is there a specific fashion in which to check the engine/tranny mounts or is eyeball inspection suuficient to verify their integrity (bearing in mind I have never seen MB mounts other than when I went over the car pre-purchase.) I know Peter advised me earlier here about squashed rubber -- is there also a jacking or prying technique to use?. THANX ALL