Thread: Tough questions
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2000, 05:31 PM

I feel a little saddened that this post is a direct result of my ASR problem I am having and my requests for your assistance via Email.

Perhaps I am in over my head in regards to my diagnostic's abilities and of the system in question, I can easily admit that and do. Perhaps I should have started my Email request with a brief rundown on my mechanical knowledge as well as what I am trying to achieve? That way I could have saved us both some time and energy?

I think you may have misread my last Email reply, based upon your interpretation and your points stated. I did not say the manuals where a waste of time, or that your advise was not of valuable, what I meant to say was that the manuals would take more time than I would have wanted to wait, and because of that, I would see if I could obtain more information from the past archive material available here.

This is one reason that MercedesShop is so valuable, a wealth of information is available to all for free, not for $30 dollars or whatever the publisher is charging, call me cheap but if I can find something right now and free vs. waiting a week or two and paying money for something I might only use once or twice, the choice is easy. Your suggestion was to purchase the manuals and go from there. At least for me the choice is easy, I do not do this as a profession and only attempt "the easy stuff". If a code points me to a "pluck and chuck" type of fix and is electrical, I'll do it myself. The mechanic I use still has his backlog and no damage is done.

I would like you to know that I do greatly appreciate the effort you put forth in providing the Mercedes reference #'s for the manuals and the drawing you provided, I will be purchasing these shortly to avoid any future misunderstandings.

Lastly, I would like to apologize for any time of yours I may have wasted in this whole process and would like to also say that you are a highly regarded authority on these machines and that is why I came to you in the first place and that is why others will continue to come to you.

I hope I have not turned you away from the other issues which require your assistance!

To everyone at MercedesShop,

Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year.