View Single Post
Old 12-17-2003, 02:04 PM
Benötigt Mehr Druck!

I had to install one here a few months ago, my car kept getting louder and I had to slam on the brakes for a traffic light. As I took off I heard something dragging, after I fixed that it ended up breaking in front in the flex section of it.

I believe the one I bought was a Bosal (fit perfectly) I overpaid a little bit, they can be bought for $114. I ended up reusing the seal ring to the turbo because they sent me the wrong one, I did however get a new seal ring for the other side where it meets the center muffler. I don't know why you need a muffler clamp though. Only pipe clamp in the system is on the other side of the flange, where the center muffler is. I don't recall what the mounting kit is for but I don't believe it is for the front mounting, just use some new locknuts there as well. They may be a larger size, I don't pay attention to that stuff I search the word nut and buy a half dozen of everything (you need a total of 7 nuts) just like light bulbs. Since you have to disconnect the pipe there I'd also recommend replacing the rubber donuts the rear muffler is on. I noticed mine were weak before and replaced them a couple weeks before the flange gave out. If it weren't for those new donuts I wouldn't have that exhaust system!

+ 4 muffler hangers
+ any size type nut you may need
+ center muffler- header pipe seal ring
- muffler clamp
- exhaust mounting kit

Edit- no exhaust leak a few months after installing it even while reusing the turbo-header pipe seal ring.
2000 CLK430 Cabriolet ~58k Sold
2005 Avalanche 4x4 ~66k