View Single Post
Old 12-28-2003, 04:33 PM
No Codes

Question Fuel Distributor Issues

Hi Steve,

I appreciate your many posts with your willingness to help others with your skill and expertise....very admirable to say the least.

As you may be aware, I have been having "too much fuel" problems, and performed the leak test on the fuel distributor yesterday, and found it to be leaking, when I depress it with my finger, gas appears. I see the seal, but I have a question about the plunger/seal combination....it just does not fit tight....it has play in it.

The stem of the plunger does not fit tight enough (in my opinion)....maybe it's the wrong part? When I removed the fuel dist. I noticed that someone had already dismantled it and had made an adjustment (maybe). My question is this: Is there supposed to be so much loose play in the stem fit to the screw cap fitting?

I believe that someone has played with this area before, and may have replaced the stem/screwcap fitting with a different part, maybe from a 4 cylinder? I would certainly appreciate your help, as I know most people would rather go fishing than to discuss a fuel distributor.

part number on my fuel dist. >: 0 438 101 012
also has these numbers: 89572
89 300E

The rest of my collection are just cars and trucks...no more "automobiles"...