View Single Post
Old 12-30-2003, 10:30 AM
1995 E320 SE

substantial forces and longevity

Yes the K-MAC toe adjustment is nice, but my 1995 E320 already had an identical OEM eccentric bushing, except that the bushing wasn’t red polyurethane. I didn’t bother to install the toe bushing since it was the same, so it was just a waste of money in the kit.

Back to adjustable camber arms vs. the K-MAC eccentric bushings. Ok, I understand that the adjustable camber arms provide more range for adjustment, but I was more concerned about the longevity of the parts considering the substantial forces that must be exerted on the bushings or arms during hard cornering. Is either set-up better suited to withstand the punishment? For the K-MAC bushings, everything depends on the eccentric bolt hardware that sits inside the polyurethane bushing in the lower control arm. For the adjustable camber arms, my understanding is that the arm simply replaces one of the OEM links, so the sites of attachment on the suspension must be up to the task. I suppose the arm is unlikely to stretch from the forces being applied and the threaded adjustment of the arms should be adequate to withstand the forces, but do the adjustable arms have some kind of bushings that could fail from the extreme forces? Do the adjustable bars have some kind of bushings that wear out?

I think it might be like always going back to that same bad relationship with an ex girlfriend.
You feel you love them too much, or you are just too stupid to know any better.

Flickr slideshow of my 1995 E320
http://www.flickr.com/photos/24145497@N06/sets/72157616572140057/

Last edited by ksing44; 12-30-2003 at 10:48 AM.