View Single Post
Old 12-31-2003, 11:07 AM
Gilly's Avatar
Gilly Gilly is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Evansville WI
Posts: 9,616
OK, that would be the 722.6 transmission, and I believe what you have there for the reverse light switch is a part in the shifter itself called the "Range Recognition Switch". There is no adjustment to it that I am aware of, probably wearing out. It would need to be replaced, but at least you can buy it as a replacement part, unlike the 2000 and newer shifter, where you buy the whole thing.
It's not that bad of a job to remove the shifter, the part itself is a bit tricky to replace though, kind of a puzzle to disassemble and reassemble.

Reply With Quote