Hi folks. This is my first post here. What a GREAT
I'd like some tips on performing a transmission service on an '85 (11/84) 300D-T. This is my mother's car, owned since new. I am a Toyota technician but I haven't ventured into working on the family's Mercedes-Benz cars all that much, aside from LOF and brake work.
1. Anything I need to look out for?
2. Can I drain the torque converter?
3. What type of fluid is recommended? Dexron I assume. Any specific brands I should use?
4. Any specific refill procedure needed?
5. How about adjustments? Are any adjustments needed when the filter and fluid are changed?
I have an OEM filter and gasket kit.
If there is anything else that comes to mind when performing this service, please let me know.