I got the right combination of time, good weather, and day light on the 26th as I had expected. I also got some assistance from my dad which was great - he did the goferring so I didn't have to keep crawling out from under the car.
All together, the installation took about 45 minutes from putting the car on ramps to driving it back off. Typical of my experience with this car, everything snapped into place like LEGO blocks. The hardest part was getting the screw that holds to small lead to the starter solenoid to thread into place. Everything else was very straight forward.
While I havent' had the chance to put a meter on the system yet (my dad's turned out to be dead), the faint glow on my dash warning light had gone away.
Thanks for the input and suggestions from all.
'87 560SEL 267K (177K on motor) Blue/Blue
'98 Buick LeSebre 60K (wife's car)
'56 Imperial Sedan 124K
'67 Dodge Monaco 130K (Sold)
'87 Chrysler 5th Ave 245K and going strong (sold)
'73 Plymouth Satillite 175K (sold)
'96 Chrysler LHS 80K (totaled)