View Single Post
Old 01-03-2004, 10:16 AM

wireharness

The wire harness is a real pricey bit isn't it? Replacing it is going to take a while too.

When I do any tests on my car I always check all the connection to the CFI computer to make sure a wire is not causing the problems, it takes a bit, but is well worth it and if you were to take a look at my wireharness, you would see that it is not in the best of shapes, but I fix what I can, solder here, some new wire there, as long as the main lines work, the car will work.

As for KE, believe it or not, but I think yesterday was the first day I finally understood what all the experts meant when they said that the lmbda voltage should fluctuate when all the controls work correctly.

I used a really low quality multimeter set to 10V range, and looking at it closely, I did finally see how the voltage goes up and down, bounces basically, not very fast, but it does, this was also an analog MM, not digital, the digital one tends to miss a few values and then you don't see the pattern. At the same time I had another MM hooked up to the EHA to monitor the current, and sure enough, the current also follows that same pattern, up and down up and down. A beautiful sight on a 19 y/o car

xp