View Single Post
Old 01-04-2004, 07:36 PM
No Codes

Smile FD System

Hi Steve and Hurshi,

Thanks to you both for the replies. That Russian site may take me a while to read, as I will have to convert the text to english via http://www.reverso.net .....this is a really cool translator, free also. It really has opened doors for me around the world, allowing me to communicate with others.

The ultrasound bath sounds very interesting. I am guessing that the high frequencies vibrate the particles out of the places where they are trapped. At this point, maybe I should take my FD with me to the hospital, and see if I can talk someone into helping me in the maternal ward lol!

At this point, I'm ready to try anything! I have bathed my FD in 140 degree water for 5 minutes.....rust was in the bottom of the pot, and this is after I cleaned it with carb cleaner and starting fluid, removing rust sediment also.

I would highly recommend everyone that reads this message to remove their fuel tank from the trunk and clean it with Naval Jelly and large rocks like I did, or, get it cleaned (glass beaded) and coated with a special epoxy resin (there are businesses that provide this service). This recommendation applies for anyone that has KE fuel injection especially, and includes diesel operating engines also. If I had only cleaned my fuel tank before I test drove it, I would be driving my beautiful 300E today.

Hope that cold/flu leaves you soon Steve. I went through it also, had the symptoms for a week. My secret is blowing my nose every time I could think about it, which is a proven secret to keeping colds down, just like washing your hands frequently.
89 300E

The rest of my collection are just cars and trucks...no more "automobiles"...