View Single Post
Old 01-05-2004, 11:50 AM

mixed weekend in shop

On the good side: replaced/repacked front right wheel bearing that had been whining, after a two hour wrestling match with the caliper bolts (which should give you some idea of both my mechanical skill and tool inventory).

Then, while poking around the engine with a flashlight, saw a 'pregnant' fuel line, the top one coming into the fuel filter. Thought it could have been low pressure fuel line used where high pressure was needed, so replaced it with a piece of hi-test I had.

Did not bleed air out immediately. Started engine, could tell right away that it wasn't 100%. It lacks power, maybe 15-20%. Makes more noise than usual, at 45 is not the usual 'purrr' but more of a dieselly clatter. After 3 miles, did bleed air. Tried again another 5 miles later. No change.

Drove to town (60 miles). Put 16oz of PS supplement in, thinking perhaps a plugged injector (which I still suspect and have done a couple searches on).

Seems odd that it would plug immediately after changing this little (6") piece of hose, my guess would be that if there was a little piece of crud in the hose the filter would have caught it.

Any thoughts? Sure do appreciate the insight on this board...
(Oh, parts are 60 miles away, shop is 120, hopefully driving these won't cause further harm!)