View Single Post
Old 01-09-2004, 12:31 PM

Re: Complain; complain; complain!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by whunter
........mom gave her dad’s car to drive for the night, (dad being out of town).

The young girl had never been in the car before even as a passenger...

OK. I haven't read the rest of the posts here yet, but I've got to sound off on this.

WHAT ARE HER PARENTS THINKING!!!????

Mom doesn't drive. Ok, fine. But most people I know who don't drive are a little cautious about anything having to do with the infernal combustion engine. Why did she so cavalierly hand over the keys to another car, and that of the only adult driver in the house, to a 16 year old who (obviously) has not been trained on that car??!??!

And, Dad, I suppose, didn't want to train the girl properly so as to be a useful emergency asset in case he wasn't around!!?? I mean, his wife doesn't drive. His daughter does. Well, then, MAKE SURE SHE CAN DRIVE EVERYTHING THAT WOULD BE AVAILABLE TO HER IN THEIR GARAGE SO SHE CAN RESPOND TO AN EMERGENCY.

And, aside from that, what sensible parent would send out an inexperienced driver in an unfamiliar car on New Year's Eve when there is an added liklihood of drunk drivers on the road. And I have YET to meet a 16 year old who is a really good defensive driver. And that included me at that age.

SO, now that all that is off my chest...whaddaya wanna bet that she just took the keys and the car and wasn't "given" it for the evening?

1984 300SD: Hilda the veggie vundercar

Last edited by sohj; 03-02-2005 at 02:21 PM.