View Single Post
Old 01-09-2004, 12:40 PM

Yeah, you could be right, and my background at this dealer may be a little different than at some other places, especially an indy shop. I was always to promote a little good-will, especially to the "regular" customers, I may have even went a little overboard with it. Probably no one there doing any of this sort of stuff, and they are worse off because of it, I feel. At least the customers are.
But especially a smaller shop, you have to try to somehow be compensated for the tool acquisition cost. In my mind if you treat people right, they will be back, so in effect you may be generating more work by treating people fairly on a small matter like this. Give them something small like this for free, and they are more likely to come to you when something comes along they can't handle. (print this off and show it to them if you want)

I don't think there would be any legal obligation, or at least common sense would dictate that if you know WHY the code was set, and the problem was repaired, that no harm would come from resetting the light. One good reason for this is that if a fault is still present, the SRS light will come back on anyways. If you somehow modify the system so that the light can't come back on (Gee, how would you do that? ), then I could see some legal problems, particularly if an accident would occur and the owner would try coming after the shop.

Gilly