View Single Post
Old 01-13-2004, 03:43 AM
No Codes

Smile FD blues...

Quote:
jml214 wrote:

The determination by some shade tree mechanics is that the fuel distributor is not sending gas to the #2 on the Driver's side and very little to #4 on the passenger side. (it is running lean and hot)
Hi Jack, I just received your email, but will reply here as well.

If this determination is correct by visual inspection, I would certainly purge the FD via the method I mentioned in my other post:

Jack, have you thought of capping all the injection line fittings at the fuel dist. except for #2 and #4, then bridge the fuel pump relay connections to engage the fuel pump? Unscrew the #2 & #4 injectors from the lines and run the lines into tall glasses to catch the fuel. This way you may be able to purge the #2 & #4 openings on the FD, and maybe some rust sediment or trash will come out, clearin up your situation.

I sent you an email on how to bridge the fuel pumps to purge the FD. If this makes no difference, Paulwho has a good point as well.....either task is about the same amount of work though, so it's your call. But as far as your FD is concerned, it seems to be working...maybe slightly clogged like mine was.

Good luck, and keep us posted.
89 300E

The rest of my collection are just cars and trucks...no more "automobiles"...