View Single Post
Old 01-07-2001, 09:42 AM
I want to thank all of you who tried to help me with this problem.
Last week I finally got some answers from a RI I hade mailed about 4 weeks ago. I got some answers from this agency and by now I am aware of the fact that importing the car is not cost efficient.
Kincyc was right with the responsibility of the RI and that therefore they want to do the modifications themselves.
Importing the car in the US is going to cost me $9.000 (excluding the costs for forwarding the car oversea) and that is to much.

Just to answer johngray's question:
Cars are expensive in Holland as long as they are new. The 300CE-24 convertible cost about $96.000 in 1993 in Holland and nearly half in Germany! Now the car is about 7 years old it will do about $20.000 (if the right buyer can be found) and $13.000 in Germany.
Importing this (German) car into Holland will still cost me $2.500 and therefore I thought it could be worth taking the car with me to the US.

I think I'm going to take this car to the US however, but only on a temporary base (1 year max.)and try to get an other financial benefit out of this US visit.

Just off topic, I like this forum a lot! I found the forum of several weeks ago but that one is not half as good as this one.
Keep up the good work!

greetingz & thanks again
1990 300SL-24
1993 C250D
with a minor 600+k kilometer
(the Netherlands)