View Single Post
Old 01-27-2004, 02:13 PM

Chris,

When I put in new Bilstein comfort in the front about two year ago, I realized that the ride quality in the front is much better than the rear - it had a hideous thump when going over a speed bump; not on the way up but on the way down - it felt like the rear tires just hit the road real hard, no matter how slow I was driving.

Read in some MB boards that on there has been a redesign of the rear upper shock bushings - I went ahead and changed them out (total cost is less than $20 since I did it myself - a banana job). All I could say is WOW!!! The SLS now eats all road imperfections for breakfast

It was not too long till I felt that the front suspension now becomes inferior comparing to the rear (yes, I'm anal ) In some road conditions I still feel the roughness in the steeringwheel - not much but enough to keep me annoyed. I've changed out the lower ball joints (torn rubber boots - joints had some slacks) but to no avail. Could it be the flex disc that's getting too old ? How feasible is it to change it out ?
or is there something else that I should check (any other bushings that could improve ride quality )?

Thanks,
Frank.