View Single Post
Old 01-29-2004, 11:22 AM

Well, I'm standing in front of a former Bosch manager who states bosch is bosch and no matter where you get it from, there was NO way there was gonna be a difference between the bosch the dealer would give you or anyone else. He says that's absurd. The quality was never compromised for anything and the chains that did carry them at a discount rate purchased in crazy bulk which only made sense that they sold it too them at a discount.

Doug says they would never compromise the company's name just to make a buck, on the othe hand they too had loyal purchasers that deserved a break on their prices. Dealers charge what they want because of the mindset of people that they are REALLY interested in the consumer when all it is about is the $$$ (just like the salesman who sells the car to you). Get you in,get you out and THEY'D never tell you if they didn't have a part and went to an AUTOZONE and got the part for half of what they charged you for it. You'd just bring it home and say "I've got an OEM dealer installed bosch" and you wouldn't know the difference. How could you? You couldn't. So with that being said, I guess it would be safe to assume you could get the same quality bosch at an autozone. Hell, I myself picked up a bosch starter and I have a lifetime warranty to boot with no problems so I guess he has a point. Good luck

Alan (and Doug-Former Bosch Manager)
1972 220D
1970 250C SOLD
1971 250C SOLD