View Single Post
Old 01-30-2004, 10:06 AM
it leaks, its german

And remove the old, rusty, stubborn ones with no damage to the knuckles? Cool, I've been doing them for 20 years + and it takes a average of 30 minites to remove and install on a "southern" car, the couple of "northern" cars I've done took twice that time, keep in mind this is without ~any~ damage to the knuckles, this includes the occassional dent. The knuckles are still iron vs steel and dont take to kindly to excessive heat. (why take unnessasary chanses eh?)

Its a moot point anyway. I just feel 90% of people out there have no idea about the costs of do repair work on a professional level. It kinda chaps my ass to hear people ***** and then follow up with a statement about tools. Trust me, the insurance inventory here has over $80K in hand tools alone, the box is over 10K alone.

Yes, the free rentals from places like autozone are lifesavers for the diy'er and I do wholehearted support the diyer. (why the hell am I here if I didn't? LOL) What I dont like is when a diyer gets resentful about being bailed out by a pro and then *****ing about being charged for the service.

I guess I should shut up now and go drink 'nother cup of coffee. LOL

Joe
Acme Automotive Inc.
Raleigh NC
919-881-0364