View Single Post
Old 01-31-2004, 03:02 AM

Oil separator

240Dnewbie,

Go quickly down to yor local pick-n-pull and get one of the 300DT or 300D air cleaner housings with the oil separator built into it. Install it on your car. attach a rubber hose to the bottom out let with a hose clamp. Run the hose down to the area just under and behind the radiator. Acquire a quart size empty plastic, peanut butter jar. Buy a barbed hose fitting a the hardware store and install it in the peanut butter jar lid. Connect the rubber hose to the barbed fitting on the lid.

Now make yourself an "L" bracket or purchase one at the same hardware store. A couple of bolts through the lid into the bracket and a couple more bolt into the area near radiator bottom and you now have a collector bottle that you empty back into the oil filler cap. Lid stays bolted in place and the jar body unscrews easily. Wear rubber gloves when emptying jar, can be messy.

Occasionally I forget to empty mine but oil spots on the garage floor warn me to empty jar.

Eventually one can get a second small sub oil pan and install a connector and one way valve and you never have to lose your ministerial dignity again by crawling under the car to empty the peanut jar.

It works!!!

This commercial brought to you by Skippy Peanut Butter.

Ben