View Single Post
Old 02-01-2004, 08:53 AM

Thank you so very much for your concern. Actually, I ended up taking it to Milleneum Mercedes in Bridgewater NJ. The 1st service advisor was very dishonest, quoting me $350 and then when the job was finished, trying to charge me $500 and told me glo plug #4 could not be replaced because it was stuck and, which meant the glo plug light on the dash no longer worked. I then called his manager, who was just as good as could be. He apologized, charged me $180 and then sent his top mechanic out to look at glo plug #4 and now that is replaced. There were a few other things in the car that needed attention and his prices for them were 1/3 of what the first manager, Kevin, quoted me. The manager, Ralph Conner, is probably the most honest mechanic I've ever dealt with. He really took care of my car. It starts up beautifully now. The only thing now is that when going over 40 mph a siren noise comes from the dash. I have to bring it in and he will look at it. Maybe something became loose when his mechanics were taking the car apart inside.

There is a good Mercedes mechanic in Short Hills NJ who my friend just took her car to. She said he was 1/4 the dealer price, fast and a perfectionist. She is so happy. I need his name. Actually, she got it from a post on good mechanics right on this website.

Again, thanks so much for your help.

Sincerely,
Diane