View Single Post
Old 01-11-2001, 03:55 AM
Service Advisor
Benzmac, its things the dealer does like that, that makes me appreciate someone like you.

In my business, I get paid to fix computers. I have a knack for troubleshooting problems and fixing them. I always do my best to not have to replace parts. Sure I could just tell the customers that this or that needs to be replaced, or I can fix the problem and save my customer some money while still being paid well enough and still feel no guilt when I go home.

When you treat a customer like this, they will continue to come back again and again. A Teacher back when I was in school in a business class once told me it is 5 times harder to get a new customer than keeping an existing one. I try my best to stick to this basic idea, and so far it has been working well for me.

My mom used to have an 87 560SEL. The car was leaking a small amount of tranny fluid, but it shifted and drove beautifully. The Dealer when taken in to have it looked at, tells us it needed a new transmission, for a bill of well over $3000. Well After the shock of such a repair being needed when the trans shifted perfect and didn't have any problems apart from a small leak, we took it to our independant tech, who happened to be the manager of that dealership a few years beforehand. Well $300 later the trans leak was fixed, along with a few other things.

Benzmac with the business practices that you have and the way you fix mercedes, you guys will definately do well with MBAutowerks. I sense another motto...

The Best Service. Period.

'92 300CE - Sold
2004 C240 - C7 Wheels
2015 ML350 - P1, Pano, Ash poplar wood, Sport Dinamica interior, Running Boards Keyless go.