View Single Post
Old 02-08-2004, 11:44 AM

We are talking about the engine wiring harness - I read in another post that it looked like wiring from a 1949 car instead of a 1994 - I think that aptly describes it.

In regard to being a good customer not being hereditary - I agree with that statement on its face. However, this car was religiously serviced by the original dealer up to its 67,500 mile service (even though it had 58,000 miles at the time) and was due for its 75,000 mile service. Even though my initial thought was not to take it to the dealer for the upcoming general service (due to what looked to be cost run-ups on previous services from my father-in-laws records), I was going to take it to them for this service if they would do something about the harness. I would look at this as being a continuing good relationship that you certainly could look at as "hereditary".

Another important point to consider here is that many other MB owners with this problem have been treated well by their dealers in regard to this problem - often by dealers that were not the seller or regular servicer. This just shows you the attitude of this particular dealer is lacking, and part of business is taking care of your customers and ensuirng brand loyalty.

I totally agree with the excesses of eco-wackos, even though I am a consulting ecologist by trade (natural resources - streams, wetlands, etc.). But this remains a major f-up by MB.