View Single Post
Old 02-17-2004, 12:13 AM

Here's exactly what it does

When the car has not been run overnight, it runs fine in the morning until it reaches the ideal operating tempature. Once the engine heats up to the normal operating tempature, it will stall out as soon as you slow down under 25mph or come to a complete stop. I've been preventing it from stalling by putting it in neutral when approaching a stop or slow speed. Neutral raises the rpm's just high enough to keep it from stalling out. As soon as you put it in drive, it will stall out if you do not accelreate quick enough. The rpm's drop drastically when you are going slow and remove your foot completely off the gas pedal. Sometimes almost 90% of the time resulting in a stalled engine.

Here are my questions:

1. What else could be the cause... here are some of the things I've heard.
- OVP
- Fuel Pump Relay

2. I bought new ignition wires and plugs and I'm going to install them tomorrow. Do you think this would make any difference in this situation?

3. It's so annoying because the car runs fine! Also, where is the fuel pump relay located on the 300E

Thanks a lot for any answers. I need to get this problem resolved by at least thursday.

-Ryan