View Single Post
Old 02-26-2004, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by donbryce

As to a comparison, the Basslink is much more beefy than the Kenwood, but it depends on the mounting and the degree of isolation of the trunk from the cabin. It's also quite a bit larger. I've not had any experience with the Clarion unit, nicely mounted by Zoonhollis, and that appears to be about it for self-powered compact subs out there. I tried a 'tube' unit, but they don't have the internals of any of these, and are too big for my taste.

Don't forget Bazookas. I have an older one in my 300D. If I had to guess, I would say the bazooka has more "thump" than my Infinity. But I am still tweaking. There are so many possible settings on the had unit alone that I have not gotten through those yet. I have easy gain control on the head unit , plus the remote. I do notice a difference on the remote at the high end, when the head unit gain is pretty high. Biggest reason for it is those super bass (ie) songs where you start to get a little distortion, you can lower the level quickly using the remote.

This is fun.