View Single Post
Old 02-26-2004, 08:35 AM

Yeah, I agree with that Joe. It's usually kind of a stab in the dark to diagnose something like a 220, I mean as far as giving advice here on the net. Seen lots of DCM problems on cars that have them, especially the later 208s with that window software problem.
I think I remember seeing a 220 where it was just one of the connectors had some unclicked. He needs to get it into a shop with SDS and have them try to access the LF DCM for sure, take it from there.
Good catch on his shifter, but IMHO usually if something gets spilled on the shifter, or even just some spray-cleaner gets into it, I don't think he could have just "muscled" it out of park, it's usually pretty screwed up for awhile and you need to use that override feature to shift, and even then alot of times the tranny will be in electronic limp-home.

Gilly

PS I've replaced shifter on these 2000 and newer cars quite a bit (the ones with the touch-shift, where the shifter is actually assigned a control module number), but they were all under warranty. I don't know if he wants to try a repair or not. I'd price out a new one, UNLESS he actually thinks he may have gotten any fluid or spray-cleaner type stuff into it. In that case I'd give it a few days to dry out. Doesn't take much fluid to screw up the shifter.

pps In case you can't tell, I hate the Mad Little face icons, unless maybe it's used in the open discussion forum. Makes me think you are mad at ME!