View Single Post
Old 03-02-2004, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by greenacres2
Bob K--my cruise was erratic when i got the car, then stopped working totally. Tried a used amp, no change. Turned out to be the switch--relatively inexpensive, but the steering wheel has to come off to change. Still have a spare cruise amp if you want to try that.

86560SEL--no intent to hijack your thread. I'm only at 116,000 on my '89. I would, in future purchases, accept higher mileage with better maintainence. But...this one has been a good training ground.

I don't want to hijack this thread either, but greenacres2, I would love to borrow/purchase your know good cruise amp. If it works I'll buy it from you, if not, I'll pay shipping both ways..

86560SEL--From what I have read, the engine in that car can last for 500K or more if properly maintained. The timing chain should be replaced at 100K intervals, and some valve work will be required at some point. If you aren't a good DIY'r I would steer clear. The little things will eat you alive , in parts alone, if the car hasn't been immaculately maintained. Don't ask how I know??

92 Blown Buick Ultra Pimpmobile 220K and adding 1K per week

88 Wagoneer Slightly modified (Not for soccer moms)

04 Kia Sedona with every option... NICE