View Single Post
Old 03-13-2004, 10:46 AM

pricey

I took both the heads to a machine shop close by, after calling a few others. They told me they would do everything on them for $4500 each. This is a $500 car and no way can I spend, not that I even have this kind of money. Additionally, it's an extra car that I would love to get working right, but if I don't then it is no big loss, just a ton of spare parts for the one my dad drives, it's the same thing esentially.

This is why I'd like to do all this work on my own, I have time since I don't need the car, my dad has all sorts of measuring equipement since he works in a machine shop like that as well, just does not deal with cars. In other words tools and other devices I can get. So it would be a much better deal for me to just resurface the heads at a specialty shop and do the rest myself.

I'll be getting the heads back on Monday, the valve parts are not pricey at all, and if I can get this car working then kudos for me

Unfortunately, the Haynes manual for this car does not have a procedure for doing this which would be helpful, so I will be looking for some type of a guide to replacing valve guides

xp