Thread: Driving HARD
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2001, 01:22 AM
CheFrac is Back!
It's HOTTIE, for the female babe. But in any event, we of course are on different levels here. My dad wanted me to appreciate my car, so I have to pay for half of it. I DO appreciate the car. I am OBSESSED. Sometimes, such as today, I just get a little carried away and just LOVE hearing the smooth inline six just PURR, so I drive it hard. But I take it back about driving it hard ALL OF THE TIME, I only drive it hard a portion of the time. Many times I am just a normal driver, but when I'm listening to music, per se, I just get a little spirited.
I know I appreciate my car because of the devotion I have to it. I pay for it (well half of it). I wash it once a week, wax it once a month. Every time I wash it I Lexol the leather. I wax the wood in the car for god's sakes!! I clean the engine and engine bay, I have had the carpets cleaned (proffesionally) a number of times. I diagnose all (only been two so far: intermittent wipers and overvolt relay) problems with car and order and install new parts myself. I change my own oil. I still have not yet figured out how to change transmission fluid. But I don't want to until I POSITIVELY know how to do it without blowing the car up, hehe.
So, yes, I am an 18 y/o male (damn insurance prices!), I do love driving my car and I do love driving it hard. I probably would have fewer problems if I were to drive more conservatively, but despite the fact, I do appreciate what MERCEDES-BENZs are, and I understand that we might be on different levels of appreciation here, but I appreciate it. My friends and family think I'm psycho. I have a friend with a 97 C280, and another friend with a 99 c230k, but they are both girls, so they don't really understand the way I do, as most of you on this website do.
Sorry to ramble, thank you and I appreciate the input.
2006 E350 w/ 155k miles (Daily Driver)

1993 300E 3.2L Sedan w/ close to about 300k miles
2003 E500 Brilliant Silver (Had 217k miles when totalled!)
1989 300E with 289,000 miles (had for <1 yr while in HI)
03 CLK 500 cabrio (Mom's)
2006 C230k (Dad's)
1999 S420 (Mom's/Dad's)
2000 C230k Sport sedans
2001 CLK320 Cabrio (Mom's)
1995 C280 My First Mercedes-Benz... (155k miles. EXCEPTIONAL AUTOMOBILE. Was Very hard to let go of!)