Thread: Driving HARD
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2001, 01:55 AM
Down to the Wear Bars

At the end of the day, the sins you will regret most will be sins of omission (or so I'm told ). Along the same line, I read about a tombstone that is supposed to bear the inscription "I expected something like this, but not so soon".

Enjoy the car, in your own way, knowing there is always a price and a consequence, no matter what you choose to do or not do! Just make sure when your driving hard, you know ALL the possible prices, are willing to pay them, and don't inflict them on an innocent bystander, passenger, or oncoming vehicle. DO NOT end up like a student at the University I was at, who celebrated his new degree and fat job offer with just enough alcohol to fail a DUI, and just enough hard rock and hard driving to wipe out a women and her kids, head on, in front of her husband who was following in another car. The student survived, very little else did.

Final quote: "Old people like to give good advice, as solace for no longer being able to provide bad examples." (Francois, Duc de la Rochefoucauld)

2003 Firemist Red/grey leather SL 500
2015 Palladium Silver/black mbtex GLK 350
1987 Smoke Silver/burgundy mbtex 300E Sportline (SOLD)

Click to see 87 300E