Thread: Driving HARD
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2001, 01:23 PM
roas

Hottee18m,

Sometimes the older we get, the more we want to protect the young'ins. The advise given to "take it easy" should not be interpreted as another case of "the older person telling you what to do", these guys just care.

That said, I think MBenz may have been the only one to really come close to answering your original question about longevity. I don't know about you guy's but he made my side hurt I was laughing so hard!

I think your car will hold up better than expected if you take care of your car the way you already do. I am sure that you are a defensive driver, being aware of your surroundings at all times and constantly checking on "the other driver". By driving that way you will save your tail many times! (Sorry had to give some advise too!)

Fluids and tires are the only thing you will be replacing often, so enjoy the car! I drive in a way similar to you, every stretch of clear road is a chance to romp through the gears, you just have to know when to let off the gas so your not speeding. Just know your limits, know the cars limits on the track and you will not have any problems.